Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job ID Number:||13-0464|
SUMMARY: This position provides limited hemodialysis treatment for the ESRD patient. Initiate, monitor, and discontinue hemodialysis treatments as assigned by the nurse and/or clinic manager. Lab testing responsibilities where applicable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
• Set up and monitor dialysis machines and systems
o Monitor dialysis machines and RO water system for correct functioning, respond to visual and audible alarms and make appropriate adjustments before, during and after the dialysis treatment
• Dismantle, clean and disinfect dialysis machines and equipment according to policies and procedures
• Perform and document daily Quality Assurance testing thoroughly and accurately as
• Use aseptic technique in all procedures.
Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis position does not have supervisory responsibilities. Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent required as per CMS regulations.
• Completion of an approved Dialysis Training Program.
• An employee, who has been employed as a PCT for more than 2 years as of 10/14/2008, must either provide documentation of having completed a dialysis training program or successful completion of DSI's competency exam and skills checklist observed by a registered nurse.
• Any Patient Care Technician with previous experience may be placed in the DSI Training Program at the discretion of the Clinic Manager.
• Completion of approved training program as required by the company and CMS guidelines prior to operating the water treatment system required.
• Basic computer skills and proficiency required in MS Outlook; proficiency in all required computer systems of the company including Pearl , etc. within 90 days of hire.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Current CPR certification
• Must meet all applicable state requirements for education, training, credentialing, competency, standards of practice, certification and licensure in the state in which they are employed within 18 months (or per state requirements) of the date of hire.
• Must be nationally certified and maintain certification from one of the following organizations within 18 months of the date of hire. If a PCT who is not certified changes jobs from one dialysis facility to another, the time he/she was employed in the first facility will count toward the 18 month deadline for certification unless he/she had a gap
in employment as a patient care technician of more than 18 months.
o Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT)
o Board of Nephrology Examiners for Nursing and Technology (BONENT)
o National Nephrology Certification Organization (NNCO)
o State certification program that meets the CMS requirements
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIOR, SKILLS, ATTITUDE
• Commitment to company values and mission with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, fellow employees, management, physicians and/or vendors in everyday performance and interactions
• Ability to clearly identify and report patient needs to nurse
• Demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality concerning patient information
• Self-directed; able to function independently and as a team member and to foster a positive work environment
• Empathy, consideration and respect for patients and fellow employees
• Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Ability to read, speak and write English with clarity of expression sufficient to communicate technical and complex concepts to employees, patients and patient family members in clear and easily understood terms
• Ability to understand clinical/medical vocabulary written or spoken in English
Proficiency in application of mathematical skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, use of whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply understanding & logic to defined situations in the department; establish facts to arrive at valid conclusions; to interpret instructions and give consideration to abstract and concrete variables within a given situation.
The physical requirements can vary. In general, the position requires the following activities:
• Ability to lift minimum of 5 lbs. to a maximum of 35 lbs. unassisted
• Able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching and use full range of body motions.
• Hearing must be adequate to hear machine alarms and interact in person clearly and efficiently
• Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
o Ability to pass color vision test
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate personal protection measures is required for every healthcare provider in these positions.
DSI Renal Inc.|