| Job Description: ||
This position maintains all areas of the dialysis facility in a clean, sanitary, and tidy manner consistent with medical facility requirements so that patients and teammates have a positive experience in and impression of the quality of the facility and treatment.
In addition, this position is responsible for maintenance, storage and utilization of the dialysis facility inventory and inventory system in accordance with DaVita's Healthcare Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, OSHA, CMS, AAMI, federal, state and local regulations.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Establish and maintain inventory records for all dialysis supplies (including purchase orders and inventory transaction audits), logs, files, returns, obsolete/expired items, emergency orders, manual purchase orders and ensure appropriate levels of supplies, medications and equipment are available at all times using the automated inventory system; adjust processes to accommodate facility patient growth and item changes
- Order, receive, and issue supplies including medications daily; perform daily, weekly and monthly counts of supplies and reissue using the computerized system according to set standards; record supplies provided to other modalities (PD, Acute, Home Hemo, etc.)
- Stock treatment areas daily and provide supplies, including medications, to staff
- Maintain inventory on a first in/first out (FIFO) basis and ensure that supplies do not expire before usage; record inventory receipts, issues and transfers on a timely basis
- Print and review system reports and inventory transaction audits on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as scheduled; submit reports to FA and review reports with the Facility Administrator
- Maintain neatness, cleanliness and safety of stock room per policy and regulations
- Communicate with management, staff, purchasing agents and vendors regarding supply delivery and notify Facility Administrator of any unusual incidents
- Participate in facility QA/CQI process
- Perform duties and responsibilities of other positions in the clinic including, but not limited to Reuse Technician and Unit Secretary/Administrative Assistant as required
Equipment and Operations
- Maintain clean, decontaminated flooring, surfaces, coverings, chairs, draperies and equipment as required and/or scheduled (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Maintain functionality of cleaning equipment through regular maintenance; report any equipment or cleaning materials needs to Facility Administrator and/or Inventory Technician
- Understand and follow policies and procedures regarding disposal of hazardous materials and waste
- Inform Facility Administrator of needed repairs for cleaning equipment or if new equipment is needed
- Understand and maintain facility in compliance with Fire and Safety regulations and disaster plans
- Appropriately identify hazardous waste and material for waste removal (garbage) companies
- Know, understand, and comply with all OSHA requirements as well as DaVita policies and procedures for cleanliness of facility as well as all state and federal regulations for patient care and services (CMS, JCAHO, OHSA, or other governing agencies)
- Know, understand, and comply with state and federal regulations of the Injury Prevention and Safety Training Program
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to work overtime with little or no notice
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) strongly preferred; subject to ROD and FA discretion if other qualifications are met
- One to two years' prior professional housekeeping experience required
- One to two years housekeeping experience in a medical facility strongly preferred
- Additional qualifications as required by individual state law
- Strong attention to detail and follow through skills required
- Familiarity with computerized inventory systems preferred; basic computer familiarity required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.