This position is responsible for maintenance, storage and utilization of the dialysis facility inventory and inventory system in accordance with DaVita's Healthcare Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, OSHA, CMS, AAMI, federal, state and local regulations.|
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Establish and maintain inventory records for all dialysis supplies (including purchase orders and inventory transaction audits), logs, files, returns, obsolete/expired items, emergency orders, manual purchase orders and ensure appropriate levels of supplies, medications and equipment are available at all times using the automated inventory system; adjust processes to accommodate facility patient growth and item changes
- Order, receive, and issue supplies including medications daily; perform daily, weekly and monthly counts of supplies and reissue using the computerized system according to set standards; record supplies provided to other modalities (PD, Acute, Home Hemo, etc.)
- Stock treatment areas daily and provide supplies, including medications, to staff
- Maintain inventory on a first in/first out (FIFO) basis and ensure that supplies do not expire before usage; record inventory receipts, issues and transfers on a timely basis
- Print and review system reports and inventory transaction audits on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as scheduled; submit reports to FA and review reports with the Facility Administrator
- Maintain neatness, cleanliness and safety of stock room per policy and regulations
- Communicate with management, staff, purchasing agents and vendors regarding supply delivery and notify Facility Administrator of any unusual incidents
- Participate in facility QA/CQI process
- Perform duties and responsibilities of other positions in the clinic including, but not limited to Reuse Technician and Unit Secretary/Administrative Assistant as required
- Participate in team nursing and promote team concept in all facility activities; proactively assist other staff in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies and as allowed by state regulations (i.e. look for ways to help)
- Consistent, regular attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- One year of related experience preferred
- Additional qualifications as required by individual state law
- Strong attention to detail and follow through skills required
- Familiarity with computerized inventory systems preferred; basic computer familiarity required
The DaVita Village Difference
- Commitment to DaVita's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions
- Knowledge of and adherence to DaVita Employment and Teammate policies
- Empathy, consideration, and respect for patients and co-workers
- Willingness to seek opportunities to help teammates and/or patients
- Willingness and ability to foster a positive work environment
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Primary written language of supplies and inventory system is English
- Vision adequate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of position including repetitive use of computer monitor.
- Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift minimum of 10 pounds to a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, and use full range of body motions.
- Work Environment, LEVEL II - Job required tasks normally do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, but may require performing unplanned Level I tasks. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues; however, exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment and appropriate personal protection measures are required in those instances.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
- Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
- Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
- Diverse, team-driven culture that supports you.
- Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
- Stability and strong financial results - 10 years of steady revenue growth.
- Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
- A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.